Re: Problem with windows 11 notepad, and browsers

Gene

I understand that.  I'm saying that even in Windows 10, the actual text is not announced and I'm saying that too literal an expectation may cause people to be dissatisfied with how a program does something and spend time trying to correct it when it is very clear, with a bit of trying different things and thought to know just what is going on.

Another important example of how to take a minimum action that dramatically increases efficiency, is doing a screen-reader search on a web page.  If you do the search and just let NVDA read when it finds a result, and JAWS does this too, you will hear all sorts of extraneous speech.   If, when you hear speech begin, you issue the read current line command, all the extraneous speech is stopped and you hear what you want to hear.  You save time,and annoyance if you do much searching.

This is another example of using logic and inference.  Read current line reads the current line.  If you do an internet screen-reader search and hear a lot of extraneous speech, causing the current line to be read is a logical thing to try to stop it.  I have never once seen this discussed when instructional material discusses performing a screen-reader search on  a web page.

Gene

On 3/15/2022 12:14 PM, Chris Smart wrote:

Joseph is talking about Notepad in Windows 11.