Re: Clipspeak add-on for NVDA

Gene

Since it appears that the ability to hear copy, cut, and paste is the most requested feature in NVDA, this is even more reason why the ability should be integrated into the program itself.

I hope developers no longer believe what they maintained for years, that the feature can't be made to work reliably and thus should not be in the program.  It can and it has been implemented accurately in JAWS for decades and in System Access for however long it has been around.  And the add-on, even without revision is, in my experience, about 97 or 98 percent accurate.

But it is unlikely that anything will be done about this if almost no one expresses interest in the proper channel.

Here is a closed very old issue which dates back to 2008.

I don't know if commenting on a very old closed issue attracts much attention.  Others may know.  I've seen it stated that commenting on a closed issue may result in it being opened again.

What is the best way to proceed?

Perhaps a certain ticket will be presented to the list as a good one for future comment.  But if people don't do it, then I may pretty much give up.

Gene

On 3/16/2022 2:11 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi everyone,

I will provide a detailed summary in a more appropriate thread, but I've got bad news: ClipSpeak is NOT compatible with upcoming NVDA 2022.1 changes, so manifest edits will not work in the future (sorry).

Cheers,

Joseph