I also used to be able to do nvda updates on the remote computer using it this way but that is no longer possible

Thank you Jacob when I get a chance I'll try that out maybe if I'm not running in vda on the remote computer I can do the upgrade :-)

Russ

On Fri, Mar 18, 2022, 2:26 AM Jacob Kruger <jacob@...> wrote:

Christopher, when I use the disconnect sub-menu item under windows 10's power user menu - windows key + X, it never has any issues with disconnecting connection - only real issue have had as such is need to make sure remember to turn off any audio-ducking modes on client machine, before connect to remote machine, or else it might, at times, come across a bit soft?

And, this is all under windows 10 x64, on both ends of connection.

Jacob Kruger
+2782 413 4791
Skype: BlindZA
On 2022-03-18 01:14 AM, Christopher Duffley wrote:
If you're referring to Microsoft Remote Desktop, yes, about 99% of it or so is very accessible with NVDA! The best way to disconnect a machine that's on an NVDARemote connection, however, is to use a Disconnect RDP.bat file that I can send a link to for the Machine being controlled. This is because if you don't use this file disconnect almost every other way, the NVDARemote connection will freeze in terms of sending commands to the machine.

Christopher Duffley
Host of Mission Possible Podcast: http://www.missionpossiblepodcast.com
Cell: +1 (603) 851-6971

12 Pro Max

On Mar 17, 2022, at 19:03, Luke Davis <luke@...> wrote:

Russell James wrote:

I used to be able to upgrade NVDA while using RDP.

Perhaps I am behind the times, but my understanding was that RDP was not accessible--That it was, in fact, entirely graphical.
Have I missed an important change?

If not, and it is still entirely inaccessible, how did you used to do this?

Luke