Re: Clipspeak add-on for NVDA

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

Why aren't you using this addon "NVDAExtensionGlobalPlugin-9.8.1.nvda-addon"? It has all the clip speak features.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lenron" <lenron93@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, March 20, 2022 1:18 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Clipspeak add-on for NVDA

cut copy and paste speak would be nice to have, but at this point I
have just gotten use to the fact that when I am using NVDA it just
won't be there and I just need to double check sometimes to make sure
I got what I wanted.

On 3/18/22, Rui Fontes <rui.fontes@...> wrote:
Hello!

As I said, except if specified in the add-on code, any add-on works in
Windows 7, 8, 10 or 11...

So, the add-on I am modifying, works in all flavours of Windows
supported by NVDA version in use.

Best regards,

Rui Fontes
NVDA portuguese team

Às 18:46 de 18/03/2022, Dave Grossoehme escreveu:

Good Afternoon: Is this running in Windows 10 or in Windows 10 and 11?

Dave

On 3/17/2022 9:10 AM, Rui Fontes wrote:

Hello!

First, a gentle request...

Do not use idiomatic expressions, since many readers have not english
as his primary language...

Regarding the copy/paste announcement, Jaws and System Access have it...

Regarding key commands, Narrator have a nice implementation...

Rui Fontes

Às 23:05 de 16/03/2022, Brian Vogel escreveu:
On Wed, Mar 16, 2022 at 06:59 PM, Rui Fontes wrote:

Many people, as myself, have quit asking this feature because NV
Access is tottally against it...

-
I am not naïve, and I understand where you're coming from, but you
and others like you do need to consider that "the squeaky wheel gets
the grease" may apply in situations like this.

I can't say that you have done this, but many "quit squeaking" far,
far, far to early on.

For virtually any software, a large and long enough outcry from the
user community has a tendency to effect change.

All of the above having been said, I also understand that, after a
certain point, the desire to keep on fighting just dies out.

It's funny, but as someone who is sighted, and who has worked with
screen reader users for some time, I never even think about having
cut/copy/paste speak what's being cut, copied, or pasted, as that
should have been a part of the selection process. Mind you,
confirmation that a cut/copy/paste command has been issued is handy,
and at the moment I can't remember which screen reader(s) do this
confirmation announcement by default.

/Constantly insisting on “my rights” with no consideration of “my
responsibilities” isn’t “freedom” — it’s adolescence.
/ ~ Commenter, *Evangelos*, in comments for
/America 2022: Where Everyone Has Rights and No One Has
Responsibilities
<https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/08/opinion/spotify-joe-rogan-covid-free-speech.html>/,
/ New York Times/, February 8, 2022

--