Re: A Newbie with an NVDA Remote and Update Problems

Jackie

Me, too.

On Sun, Mar 20, 2022 at 06:55 PM, Chrissie wrote:

All runs well in that it does what it says on the can so to speak, but I
first noticed I was unable to access remote. I could get to the connect
button and when pressed I am thrown out of the menu system entirely.
-
There have been issues recently with the default NVDA remote server and the
nvdaremote.com website.  The latter is back up again, but I have no idea
about the server.
The site, https://www.nvra.io/ , gives a long list of alternative NVDA
Remote servers, and I would suggest trying one of those to see if it makes
any difference.  It's best to choose the one that's the closest to your own
location and that of the machine you're trying to access remotely, though
depending on how far apart those are you may end up flipping a coin.

I can't speak to your update issues.  You say you are using the latest build
of NVDA, but I would still like you to visit the NVDA about dialog (NVDA +
N, H, A) and report back on the version that's listed in it.

Constantly insisting on “my rights” with no consideration of “my
responsibilities” isn’t “freedom” — it’s adolescence.
~ Commenter, *Evangelos* , in comments for
America 2022: Where Everyone Has Rights and No One Has Responsibilities (
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/08/opinion/spotify-joe-rogan-covid-free-speech.html
) ,
New York Times , February 8, 2022