From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jackie
Sent: Sunday, March 20, 2022 11:09 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] A Newbie with an NVDA Remote and Update Problems

Me, too.

On Sun, Mar 20, 2022 at 06:55 PM, Chrissie wrote:

All runs well in that it does what it says on the can so to speak,
but I first noticed I was unable to access remote. I could get to the
connect button and when pressed I am thrown out of the menu system
entirely.

-
There have been issues recently with the default NVDA remote server
and the nvdaremote.com website.  The latter is back up again, but I
have no idea about the server.
The site, https://www.nvra.io/ , gives a long list of alternative NVDA
Remote servers, and I would suggest trying one of those to see if it
makes any difference.  It's best to choose the one that's the closest
to your own location and that of the machine you're trying to access
remotely, though depending on how far apart those are you may end up
flipping a coin.

I can't speak to your update issues.  You say you are using the latest
build of NVDA, but I would still like you to visit the NVDA about
dialog (NVDA + N, H, A) and report back on the version that's listed in
it.

Constantly insisting on “my rights” with no consideration of “my
responsibilities” isn’t “freedom” — it’s adolescence.
~ Commenter, *Evangelos* , in comments for America 2022: Where
Everyone Has Rights and No One Has Responsibilities (
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/08/opinion/spotify-joe-rogan-covid-fre
e-speech.html
) ,
New York Times , February 8, 2022