Re: Queued updates

Dave Grossoehme

Hi:  I have to agree with you Russ.  As a coder from many years ago, it brings to view something that all my instructors advised.  Could you advise the coders of the add on programs to give their coding good notes to help a reviewer with this task.  I know, that noting won't help %100, for this.  However, any noting of what is done is better than no notes at all.

Dave

On 3/20/2022 10:38 AM, Russell James wrote:

Hi Joseph

Thanks for sharing your view of that process

I have often wondered what that would be like in an open source project like nvda

It sounds like software quality assurance on the fly while you're reviewing incoming changes from multiple developers all having different styles and approaches

Do you have any tools that you can use during this process to scan and review the code for conventions or static analysis and security?

I can't help wonder, is the pull request process usually interactive between the reviewer and the author?

Then of course is the availability of the reviewer in the author to do things in a timely manner..

Sounds challenging! :-)

Russ

On Sun, Mar 20, 2022, 4:19 AM Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hi,

Reviewing queued add-ons is a collaborative process that involves:

  • Ad-on author: the author is responsible for documenting changes and making sure the download link is working properly.
  • Reviewer: the reviewer is reponsible for checking to make sure the download link is working and manifest information is consistent with what the add-on author has provided and NV Access's add-on release policy.
  • NV Access: to make sure the add-on info is consistent and merging the data for an add-on that was approved by a reviewer.

Cheers,

Joseph