Re: Issue with NVDA saying Unknown when attempting to access a Google Account in Chrome

Gene

You might have heard about it but I'm also curious if your screen-reader read it if it was encountered.  And if so, it would seem unlikely that refreshing the page would cause it to disappear if it is asking to access the account.

Again, I'm not saying what you are describing isn't the case, but I think it needs more checking such as a sighted person looking at the screen or seeing what other screen-readers do.

Gene

On 3/25/2022 9:32 AM, Rui Fontes wrote:

If I had not encountered such dialog, how I do  I knew about it?

Rui Fontes

Às 12:58 de 25/03/2022, Gene escreveu:
Have you encountered such a dialog?  I never have.  I'm not saying it isn't present, but I'm curious why you think it might be.

While I don't know what is causing the problem, if just refreshing the page one time is necessary, that is an easy workaround that doesn't take much time.

I would suggest having a sighted person look at the screen.  You might want to try JAWS or Narrator to see if anything is read before asking for sighted help or if sighted help is inconvenient to get.

Gene

On 3/25/2022 7:32 AM, Rui Fontes wrote:
It seems it is a invisible, for NVDA, dialog asking permission to access the account...

Rui Fontes

Às 10:48 de 25/03/2022, Luke Davis escreveu:
farhan israk wrote:

I am using windows 10 21h2, nvda 2021.3.4 and google chrome Version 99.0.4844.82 (Official Build) (64-bit). I cannot browse google sites such as gmail,

I am not a Chrome user, but I believe they are up to version 100 or more. Can you check for updates?

google drive or google disability help desk properly. If I press tab and nvda focuses my account, nvda says unknown. I cannot navigate in the page any more.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but have you run the COM Registration Fixing Tool in the NVDA tools menu?

Luke