Re: Setting up the Humanware NLS EReader via Bluetooth for use with NVDA - Assistance please?

Don't feel bad. They didn't add me to the mailing list either, despite me asking countless numbers of time. Oh, that has to be done by your local state library. Oh no. We don't do that, that's up to Utah where you go through to get the reader. Oh no, we, Utah don't do that. Go to DC. Oh no, we DC don't do that, go to your local state. It's just back and forth.

Frankly, I don't like nor normally condone publicly shaming companies like I once did, but this is rediculous! If it wasn't for the fact that I needed a portable sollution to read braille books, I probably wouldn't keep the unit. Their customer service, not to be confused with tech support, is some of thee worst! I've ever seen. My point being, don't feel you were singled out. I didn't get added either, and I highly doubt that I ever will at this rate. If anyone's on this list who works with NLS, then get off your high horse, and get us added when we respectfully ask, and then maybe we'll quit complaining this isn't rocket science, people.

Chris.

On 3/25/2022 12:48 PM, Shawn via groups.io wrote:

I connected the E-Reader that’s based on the HumanWare Brailliant series, but Windows/NVDA ignores any commands from the keyboard and just displays the first half of any line, you have to navigate using your computer’s keyboard, so it’s not at all useful. It works much better with the IPhone. They didn’t add me to the E-Reader mailing list, so I’m just waiting until the testing phase is over and it goes public so I can add myself.

Shawn Klein

Sent from Mail for Windows