Re: 2022.3.5 Upgrade and Speaking of Taskbar Icons

Quentin Christensen

Hi Russell,

Without looking into what change you were hoping for reading icons - NVDA 2021.3.5 was a security update - it fixed a potential security hole, only.  We generally add new features to major releases (NVDA 2021.1, NVDA 2021.2, NVDA 2021.3 etc), but not minor releases (NVDA 2021.3.1, 2021.3.2, etc).  Any changes, new features, and non-critical fixes are generally included in the next major release.   In fact currently we are already in the beta period for NVDA 2022.1, so if you download the beta for that, you would notice new features and changes from 2021.3.

Again, just replying off the top of my head, I haven't looked into any taskbar reading issue - but if there is a problem, or you have an idea on how it could be improved, do first check: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues to see if it has already been reported, and if not, do please create a new issue.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Sat, Mar 26, 2022 at 3:16 AM Russell James <4rjames@...> wrote:
Greetings,

This update did not affect the speaking of the icons in the task bar!

This update correctly says it's version as 2022.3.5!

Russ

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager