Re: NVDA PLACE MARKERS ADD-ON

Tony Malykh

I was looking at its source code and if I remember correctly it can only define markers given a URL of the page. On Gmail you would get a new URL for every message, so maybe this is why it doesn't work for you.

I can recommend you to try my BrowserNav add-on - one of its features is very simliar - you can define bookmarks and configure them to work on the whole website.

However at the time it appears to be broken with Chrome v100, which was released just a few days ago. I will try to fix it when time permits.

--Tony

On 3/29/2022 2:07 AM, Michael Micallef at FITA wrote:

DEAR NVDA LISTERS.

I'M TRYING TO USE THE PLACE MARKERS ADD-ON THAT I DOWNLOAD FROM THE NVDA'S OFFICIAL ADD-ONS SITE, I'AM TOING THE FOLLOWING STEPS:

PLEASE CORRECT ME WHERE I'M DOING WRONG: SO HERE THE STEPS:

1 I'M OPEN MY GMAIL ACCOUNT IN BASIC            HTML VIEW.

2 I OPEN ONE OF THE EMAILS THAT I RECEIVED

3NOW TO READ THE BODY MESSAGE OF THAT EMAIL I FIND THE "SHOW ORIGINAL" PHRASE

4 NOW I PRESSED THE ADD-ON HOTKEYCTRL+SHIFT+NVDA KEY+K TO ACTUALLY CREATE THE RELEVANT BOOKMARK.

5 BUTWHEN I TRY TO LOCATE THE BOOKMARK USING THE HOTKEY NVDA+K IT SAYS BOOKMARK NOT FOUND, SO WHAT I'M DOING WRONG?

THANKS IN ADVANCE