From: Brian Vogel
Sent: 02 April 2022 17:03
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] ocr software

On Sat, Apr 2, 2022 at 11:47 AM, Chris Mullins wrote:

It has to  be done in a 2 step process, first use the scanner software to obtain an image file

-
This has not been true for many years now with most name-brand scanners/multifunctions including HP, Brother, Canon, Epson, and some others.

I haven't encountered a scanner/multifunction in some time that does not include OCR functionality as part of its scanning suite.  I OCR scan all sorts of things with my Canon TS6300 all the time, as I prefer keeping electronic archives these days rather than file cabinets full of paper.

Scratch most feminists and underneath there is a woman who longs to be a sex object. The difference is that is not all she wants to be.

    ~ Betty Rollin