Re: Opening attached files in Firefox

Chris

I can view pdf’s in my firefox 49 with nvda 16.3 and I have no pdf reader installed but firefox can view pdf’s ok

Including your site pdf

I am running win 10 1607

I know this info doesn’t help you but all I can suggest is to create a clean firefox profile with no extensions and with default settings

And go from there

Sent: 09 October 2016 17:59
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Opening attached files in Firefox

Brian and Chris,

I can press the application key on the file name that Firefox refuses to open, and arrow down to saving the pdf. The dialog opens and permits me to download the file to my PC. However, I used to be able to read it online in Firefox.

Cearbhall

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Sunday, October 9, 2016 5:44 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Opening attached files in Firefox

Arlene,

I am using Windows 10 at the moment, but I've had brief periods of "Not Responding" with Firefox and other programs at least since Windows 7.  I don't know whether screen readers catch/announce this state change in the window frame when it occurs or not or whether it might be an accident of switching focus to something else and back again that might cause the "Not Responding," which is enclosed in parentheses, to read.
--
Brian

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.

~ Lauren Bacall

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.