Re: Audio ducking issue

Chris Mullins

Hi

Activate all the apps for which you want to set a volume level, press Windows+r to activate the Run Dialog, type “sndvol” (without the quotes) at the prompt and press enter.  This opens the Volume Mixer app where you can set the relative volume levels for NVDA, System Sounds and the various apps you have active.  Use NVDA+Control+s to open the “Select Synthesizer” dialog and set the Audio Ducking parameter as required.

Cheers

Chris     

Sent from Mail for Windows

Sent: 19 April 2022 16:31
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Audio ducking issue

Have you gone to sound, then communications,  and checked that the none radio button is checked? This in windows 10 btw.

----

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFfP. We are also on lbry as well.

Stay in touch with us via our discord. This is an easier way to both contact us, and get to know your fellow listeners.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Khalid Anwar
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2022 5:26 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Audio ducking issue

After I reset NVDA to factory settings, I’m having an issue where the volume of another app is decreasing when I have NVDA on, if I restart NVDA, the volume of the other app goes back to normal for about five or six minutes and then decreases again.

Notably, this isn’t just when NVDA speaking so I’m not sure if it has anything to do with Windows settings but I do know that it wasn’t happening before I reset NVDA. And I’ve checked and audio ducking is turned off.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.