Re: Speech delay in Excel

Gene

I don't know why you are having the problem.  I don't know if the Eloquence add-on that you can purchase might cause this problem or if the SAPI 5 Eloquence might have this problem.

I would suggest trying another synthesizer to see if you still have the problem.  E-speak, being very responsive, despite how it sounds, would be a good test and it would be a good test because a lot of people would have that synthesizer available if they want to compare behavior on their machines.

Gene

On 4/21/2022 12:40 PM, David Hoff Jr wrote:
I am using:
1. Eloquence reed
2. Windows 7
3. Excel 2003
4. latest version of NVDA

I can remove the colon and the delay is still there.
If I remove the "#" sign the delay goes away.

The delay is slight, but long enough that I often cursor over it
accidentaly. If it were not for NVDA saying "cell" on the empty cells I
would not have caught this. I have punctuation set to the default
setting.