Re: I can't turn off NVDA

Arlene

To do it. 1. Hold down the insert key 2 hit the q and you will be asked if you want to quit NVDA. If you do. Then hit the enter key. Bam! It’s gone.  Or, if you don’t want to shut it off. Hit the escape key.

Sent from Mail for Windows

From: David Van Reyk
Sent: April 21, 2022 6:55 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] I can't turn off NVDA

Hello!
I had our ITD department set up NVDA on my work laptop. I think I did this without managing the settings. So at the moment, I can't turn it off when the computer starts up. Once I have logged in I can work without getting the audio descriptors (I am not visually impaired, I am a teacher using it to get user experience).  For the life of me, I can't work out where I modify the settings for NVDA such as setting up what keystroke protocol to use to turn NVDA off and on. Apparently, there was a thread
https://nvda.groups.io/g/nvda/topic/trouble_closing_n but I am struggling to find the thread to read what it says.
Cheers,
David