Re: Odd issue with NVDA and windows 11

Luke Davis

Armando Maldonado wrote:

Hello, No to your questions, it just does this even when pc is idle. I'v eeven restored Windows to no avail, thanks.
Do you have, or can you get, the speech history add-on? If so, can you check what is spoken right before the progress bar starts announcing?

I suspect a background updater, such as the old Apple Software Update, that isn't quite background enough.

You can also check your startup applications to see if anything is running that might cause progress bars.

Lastly, if background progress bars is checked in object presentation settings, progress bars you wouldn't normally hear will be announced. Turning that off might solve the symptom, though not the cause, of your problem.
Luke