Re: Eloquence and Punctuation Announcement

On Sat, Apr 23, 2022 at 12:36 PM, Kenny Cheung wrote:
thanks. so is their a way to have it not say dot every time I read something?
-
I'm not trying to be cranky, but to educate myself here, what constitutes the conditions of "every time?"

For instance, I have never heard NVDA announce punctuation when doing a "read all."  I can't recall even hearing punctuation when going sentence by sentence or word by word (but I don't do that very often, and I certainly don't go letter by letter/character by character practically ever).

What are you having NVDA read, and how, when you're getting "dot" said when you think it shouldn't be said.

     ~ Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed