Re: Eloquence and Punctuation Announcement

Gene

I have an expired Eloquence but I can still look at the control panel.  There is a check box that says process punctuation.  It is not checked by default and I doubt it has been.  But if it has, uncheck it and see if that makes any difference.

Gene

On 4/23/2022 9:17 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

I believe there is a setting to overwrite nvda, but darned if I can remember
where. Try launching the eloquence control panel and see where you get.  I
recall something about punctuation there.

----

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFfP. We are also on lbry as well.

Stay in touch with us via our discord. This is an easier way to both contact
us, and get to know your fellow listeners.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Luke Davis
Sent: Saturday, April 23, 2022 1:18 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Eloquence and Punctuation Announcement

Kenny Cheung wrote:

tried that and I'm still having the same issue. should I try and uninstall
and reinstall NVDA? Is their a way to reset the punctuation's?

Unless you do a full clean of NVDA's config directory in the process, this
won't help.
Have you tried making a portable NVDA without including existing settings?
If that has the same problem after you set it to use Eloquence, there's a
good chance that re-installing NVDA won't help.

One thing I'm wondering, is if the Eloquence control panel has some sort of
feature that can override how NVDA wants it to pronounce things.

I don't have it to test with, but you could go through its settings and see
what you come up with.

I also don't know if every version of Eloquence has its own separate
controls.

Luke