Re: Looking for nvda friendly editors that support markdown and spell checking

Ken Perry

What plugin for notepad are you using for spell checking? For those who want to try it Boxer is no longer under development. It's last release was 2014 but I am still using it. It has spell checking and the coder for that project always made sure it worked for screen readers. There are a couple settings in the filemanager and display settings that improve its accessibility but out of the box boxer is a great editor. It also has a spell checker and is designed for coding. I have been using it since MsDos 5 and back then it was called TKO. If anyone tries it and needs settings that make it work better let me know. I think they still sell a version but it is also able to be used free.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Isaac Porat
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2022 7:12 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Looking for nvda friendly editors that support markdown and spell checking

Hello

MarkupBinder is not what you are looking for.

MarkupBinder is a tool for creating multi pages docs in the form of linked web pages using Markdown.

It is a tool for geeks as it requires Notepad++ special configuration for the purpose which is not for a typical user, it is more for developers.

By the way I use a spell checker with notepad++ with a plugin; When you go up and down the page with NVDA it does not tell you when there is a problem but if you use the context menu when a word is in focus and there is a problem, a list of possible words is displayed. So usable but not great!

Regards

Isaac

On 25/04/2022 05:36, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:
Hi

Is the following maybe what you are looking for? It was created by
Isaac who is blind him self. Not sure if it has a spell checker?

More information can be found at
http://www.speakon.org.uk/MarkupBinder.html

Gene nz

On 25/04/2022 2:23 pm, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
It sure does, also go back and forth from Ritch text to markdown per
the documentation. I like the concept; I'll be playing with this in a
few weeks as I draft some stuff.

----

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFfP. We are also on lbry as well.

Stay in touch with us via our discord. This is an easier way to both
contact us, and get to know your fellow listeners.