Re: I've really managed to mess up my Thunderbird

Gene

I forgot to indicate in my last message that I was responding to Brian's message.  I had meant to remove the messages below mine as well.

Gene

On 5/3/2022 12:24 AM, Gene wrote:
Also, it is not true that you can't install an add-on from a file you have downloaded in a browser.

In the add-ons section of Preferences, if you tab around, you will see a button that says something like tools for all extensions and it is a menu.  If you press the space bar on it, you will see an item in the menu that says install add-on from file.

Press enter on it and, as i recall, a typical open dialog will appear which you can use to install the add-on.

Gene

On 5/2/2022 11:52 PM, Gene via groups.io wrote:
An excellent demonstration of why I keep recommending use of Thunderbird Portable.  I'm not saying this can't be corrected but if Thunderbird Portable were being used, all that would have to be done is delete the version of Thunderbird being used, and paste a backup of the program that you would keep current so you can replace the copy you are using and not lose new things such as settings, or if you are using an MP3 account, messages.

You would copy the folder to the location where you have the copy of the program you usually use.

Gene

On 5/2/2022 10:27 PM, Larry Higgins wrote:
Well, for some reason, my message pane wont go on or off by pressing F8, and when I run across it in the view menu under the layout heading it says not available, but checked. That is a weird one indeed, at least I think so.

Someone mentioned that I might have a setting turned on in preferences that messages should show like Web pages, but I still have to check that one out.

OK, I went and tried to find that Web page option, and think I may have found it, but it made no difference. Woe is me.

I'll probably just have to go sleep on it, and maybe something will come to me.

Thanks, and please let me know if any new ideas occur to you all.

On 5/2/2022 9:25 PM, Richard Kuzma via groups.io wrote:
Good evening,
Sounds like you got your email view set to something like a web page view.
There are settings in the preferences for that.
If you cant find it , I will check it here and let you know.
Sorry for being general but might be a start.