Re: I've really managed to mess up my Thunderbird

Gene

You said:
"Thunderbird add-ons (AKA Extensions) are installed from within Thunderbird itself, using the rough equivalent of NVDA Add-Ons Manager."  That doesn't say there isn't another way, but it could very easily be taken to mean that there isn't.  However, since you didn't say there is no other way, I should have said that there is another way instead of saying you said there isn't.

I generally don't miscarachterize what you say but misinterpretations or mistakes are something anyone may make on occasion.

Gene

On 5/3/2022 10:30 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:

On Tue, May 3, 2022 at 11:21 AM, Gene wrote:
I may try to find your original message but as I recall, you said, however you worded it, that you can't install an add-on from a downloaded file.
-
First, this message, which I've conveniently found for your review, see , was in the topic Using the Thunderbird addon, not this one.

I said absolutely nothing in that post regarding other methods, I gave what I consider the most common, and convenient, way of acquiring Thunderbird add-ons sans any comment about alternative methods (none of which had been previously discussed in any detail, I might add).  I will ask you, again, to please stop reacting to what you think I've said when I've said no such thing.

Also, and I know it can happen, please try to avoid "cross tying" two different topics.  We all do it by accident every once in a while.

     ~ Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed