Some good news, as well as somewhat of an apology

Larry Higgins

Kind Listers,

First, I want to thank all of you on this list who gave input on my rather vexing Thunderbird issue.

I realize that this whole matter came way too close to straying off topic, and I wouldn't have troubled the list with it, but for the fact that I was trying to make use of an what could be called an helpful Thunderbird accessibility add-on as well as an NVDA add-on that would be a very helpful NVDA app for Thunderbird, but the process of trying to install the Thunderbird add-on lead to the accidental turning of an add-on dedicated to conversations in Thunderbird.

Thank God I became curious enough to give the Thunderbird add-on section another look, or I might have never discovered my error.

After Gene suggested that I paste the text from a message to the list for review, he pointed out I was in conversation mode, and sent me to the menu to try and close that option, and that worked, as far as it went. After closing Thunderbird and reopening, nothing had changed, still leaving me scratching my head for the rest of the day, and into this morning, when on impulse I decided to look at those Thunderbird Add-ons again, and VOILA!, i managed to spot the culprit.

And I say all that to say this. I will try to be a bit more careful about making something like this an NVDA list problem. But as it was, I just kinda walked into this one, and it definitely related to my use of both Thunderbird and NVDA at that particular time.

But again, and above all, I sincerely want to thank you all for your patients, as well as your help with this matter.

Thanks a lot,

Larry