Re: trouble navigating and reading web pages.

Arlene

Hi, I can’t confirm the problem. I went to my local town’s site about a spring Carnival and NVDA worked no problem.  I went there using Microsoft Edge.

Sent from Mail for Windows

From: Gene
Sent: May 4, 2022 8:36 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] trouble navigating and reading web pages.

It sounds as though browse mode may not be working.  I don't know why that might be but can you navigate using either JAWS or Narrator?  We need to try to find out whether the problem is in Windows or NVDA.

Also, and try this first, when you open a web page, what happens when you issue the command NVDA key space after the page loads?  Can you navigate after doing that?  The problem may be as simple as you not having the setting that automatically causes browse mode to be used when a page loads.

Gene

On 5/4/2022 10:20 AM, Jo Collingwood via groups.io wrote:

Hi, I am having trouble navigating and reading web pages. I have the latest download version of NVDA  and am using office 365. I have tried using google chrome and microsoft edge to no avail!  when pressing enter on a chosen item from the search box, I have to then use tab to skip to main menu. H doesn't work to move through heading I have to use tab and NVDA reads the headings but will not read any content  on any page when I press numberpad plus or Ins down arrow. The arrow keys move the screen up or down but doesn't announce anything. I have watched tutorials on  you tube but they don't offer any ideas. Please can you offer me any suggestions as I am becoming very frustrated. Thanks Jo