Re: Sharing large files

Gene

The feature you are describing has been removed from Dropbox.  Now, it displays as file explorer with no choice in the program to use the other display.  If that is the problem the person is having, your instructions should help but since Dropbox automatically updates the person well may not have that feature any longer.

But I'd like to know what problem the person is having with Dropbox.  I can still use it to share files in exactly the same way as I did before.

Gene

On 5/5/2022 5:32 AM, Louis Maher wrote:

Hello Cearbhall,

You can make dropbox act like file explorer using this setup procedure:

----

To make the Windows Dropbox client act like file explorer:

Once the Dropbox windows client has been installed, and you have logged in to dropbox using the dropbox client:

Type windows B

go to dropbox, hit enter, the context menu appears.

go to preferences,

you are in General,

tab to: ""when starting dropbox go to the desktop app: uncheck this,

tab twice, ""badge"" do not use that,

tab twice to ""open folders in"" change to file explorer.

use “alt + down arrow” for pulldown menus,

hit enter until you leave the dialog.

---

Regards

Louis Maher