Re: Punctuation

Chris Mullins

Hi

Part 1 - OK, using the Punctuation/Symbol Pronunciation dialog, set the levels to”All” for both instances of exclaim and apostrophe. There are 2 entries in the dialog for each of these so there are 4 entries to change.  This completes Part1 of the process.

Part 2 - Once you have done the above, you need to set the Symbol level you want to hear.  If you press NVDA+p repeatedly, you will hear NVDA cycle around the available options which are, In order, None, Some, Most and All.  Stop pressing NVDA+p when you hear the level you want to set.

The Symbol level setting chosen determines which Punctuation/Symbol characters are announced as you readusing Say all, Say Line and Say word commands as it will only announce punctuation/Symbol characters which have a level equal to or lower, set in the Punctuation/Symbol Pronunciation dialog discussed in Part 1.  Note that reading by character will always read the character, irrespective of the level set for it.  This completes Part 2 of the process.

Examples:

Set Symbol level (Part 2) to “Some” and it will only announce Punctuation/Symbols with levels of “None” and “Some” as set in Part 1.

Set Symbol level (Part 2) to “All” and it will only announce Punctuation/Symbols with levels of “None”, “Some”, Most”  and ”All” as set in Part 1.

Cheers

                Chris

Sent from Mail for Windows