Re: NVDA quirk with the Bookshare Web page

Larry Higgins

Sanjog,

First of all, sorry about not getting back on this issue much sooner. Was looking for something else, and happen to notice your response.

I take it that you understand precisely the issue. This wouldn't be apparent if I hadn't almost by accident, tried doing a shift+h to go back after at first doing the H2 combination in order to find the first book title on a page of listings. If you shift+h backward, this issue might present itself.

If you did  correctly understand what I said originally, I apologize for my own misunderstanding. Sorry I don't immediately have a way of providing a video.

As I said before, this isn't what I would call a major issue, just a bit of an irritant.

Sincerely,

Larry

On 5/1/2022 11:11 PM, Sanjog Kumawat wrote:

Hello,

I am user of Bookshare. I am unable to reproduce the same issue which is mentioned in the emails. In my case, NVDA does not skip any headings. I tried searching for different books but it always reports all the headings.

I am using NVDA 2021.5, Firefox 99.0.1, and Windows 11 latest version. I also tried this with other browsers but everything is fine.

Since I also work in Bookshare, it will be good to send me a detailed explanation of the issue as well as a video of the issue if possible, to my email address – sanjogk@.... I can at least verify with my team if it is something from our side.

With Best Regards,

Sanjog Kumawat

Membership Support [Asia & Africa].

Contact us: +919284028466

Alternate Helpline number: +919650211575

[Mobile, WhatsApp and Google Duo]

Helpline Email ID: membership-india@...

Benetech

480 S. California Ave., Suite 201,

Palo Alto, CA 94306-1609, USA.

Bookshare Helpline - Asia & Africa

Contact us: +919650211575

Alternate Helpline number: +919284028466

Website: www.bookshare.org