Re: Visual studio lagging

Gene

What happens if you move up and down the tree view when holding control?  That may speed up the announcement of where you are a great deal because nothing is being selected as long as you hold control, if standard Windows conventions are followed.

Gene

On 5/9/2022 11:14 AM, Akash Kakkar wrote:

Yeah, it happens with me too, even on VS2022. I've tired of reporting the issues to visual studio developer community, and the all which I get is they say that it is NVDA issue and NVAccess is not cooperating with them in fixing them.

I don't know what the reality is

On 5/9/2022 8:04 PM, Cyrille via groups.io wrote:
Hello all

I have to use Visual Studio for my job. I have Visual Studio 2019 installed and I work on a C# project.
When navigating through the interface, I am experimenting some lags.

A more specific and impacting example is the one of the solution explorer. The solution explorer is reachable with ctrl+alt+L and contains a tree view containing all the files of the project and their structured content.
When I arrow up/down in the tree view, the tree view item is reported 2-3 seconds after the key press; that's very long to browse a tree view!

Is there some parameters in NVDA or in Visual Studio that can be modified to enhance this experience?

In NVDA, I have already tried to check and uncheck "Enable selective registration for UI Automation events and property changes" in the advanced settings panel, but no change.

Note: Narrator is much faster even if reporting the tree item is not totally immediate and is done after a fraction of a second though.

Thanks.
Cheers,

Cyrille