From: Gene
Sent: October 10, 2016 4:35 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] keyboard question

The caps lock key is on the left side of the keyboard.  While this will be convenient for some commands that use the NVDA key and another key on the right side of the keyboard, it is hardly convenient for commands such as read tible bar, NVDA t or read dialog, NVDA b or sor doing things like turning speech on and off, NVDA s.  If you want to use NVDA with the intended level of convenience, you either need to get another keyboard or use the lap top layout instead or you can get a USB numpad, which will have an insert key.  You can then continue to use your current keyboard and use the insert on the USB keyboard.

Sent: Monday, October 10, 2016 3:07 PM

Melissa,

Set NVDA to use the caps-lock key.  I believe this can be done on the NVDA opening menu.

Regards
Louis Maher
Phone: 713-444-7838