Re: keyboard question

Pauline Smith <paulinesmithh@...>

Good afternoon. I have NVVA set so that I have the option of using of either insert or caps lock key. Cap slock key was easier on my standard laptop keyboard. But since now I primarily use a USB keyboard set for desktop computer, I can usually insert the as the mentioned for keys like NVVA key plus T for title bar or NVVA S for speech. Just makes it more practical for the same reason I have NVVA set to desktop layout now. I use to have it set for laptop.

Pauline Smith sent you this voice-to-text generated email using Voice on the Go.

Click here to listen to the original message.

Sent: October 10, 2016 4:35 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] keyboard question

The caps lock key is on the left side of the keyboard.  While this will be convenient for some commands that use the NVDA key and another key on the right side of the keyboard, it is hardly convenient for commands such as read tible bar, NVDA t or read dialog, NVDA b or sor doing things like turning speech on and off, NVDA s.  If you want to use NVDA with the intended level of convenience, you either need to get another keyboard or use the lap top layout instead or you can get a USB numpad, which will have an insert key.  You can then continue to use your current keyboard and use the insert on the USB keyboard.

Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2016 3:07 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] keyboard question

Melissa,

Set NVDA to use the caps-lock key.  I believe this can be done on the NVDA opening menu.

Regards
Louis Maher
Phone: 713-444-7838
E-mail: ljmaher@...

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Melissa Galbraith
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2016 2:41 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] keyboard question

I'm using NVDA and am not sure of all the hotkeys.  The keyboards I am using don't have the insert key, and I read in an article last night that the insert key is being phased out.  Many of the ewer keyboarders don't feature it.  How in the world am I supposed to do some of the commands with out it.?

Melissa

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.