Punctuation

Chris Mullins

Hi Peter

Below is a copy of the message I sent you 4 days ago, to which I received no response.  We have tried to help you with this issue recently and on previous occasions and have asked you for details of what steps you are taking to rectify the problems you are experiencing.  To summarise, the only feedback we get from you is “I’ve tried everything, nothing works”.  When I and probably others on the list, try to assist someone requesting help, information in their message is used to assess the level of understaning of the issue and the response is pitched accordingly.  The responses you give provide no feedback whatsoever.  Think of it as a math problem, we need to see the workings as well as the result.

I am using Windows 10, NVDA 2021.3.5 and MS OneCore voice.  , Here is my message again:

Part 1 - Using the Punctuation/Symbol Pronunciation dialog, set the levels to”All” for both instances of exclaim and apostrophe. There are 2 entries in the dialog for each of these so there are 4 entries to check.  This completes Part1 of the process.

Part 2 - Once you have done the above, you need to set the Symbol level you want to hear.  If you press NVDA+p repeatedly, you will hear NVDA cycle around the available options which are, In order, None, Some, Most and All.  Stop pressing NVDA+p when you hear the level you want to set.

The Symbol level setting chosen determines which Punctuation/Symbol characters are announced as you readusing Say all, Say Line and Say word commands as it will only announce punctuation/Symbol characters which have a level equal to or lower, set in the Punctuation/Symbol Pronunciation dialog discussed in Part 1.  Note that reading by character will always read the character, irrespective of the level set for it.  This completes Part 2 of the process.

Examples:

Set Symbol level (Part 2) to “Some” and it will only announce Punctuation/Symbols with levels of “None” and “Some” as set in Part 1.

Set Symbol level (Part 2) to “All” and it will only announce Punctuation/Symbols with levels of “None”, “Some”, Most”  and ”All” as set in Part 1.

Cheers

                Chris

Sent from Mail for Windows