From: Howard Traxler
Sent: 10 May 2022 14:55
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] time and date key (NVDA plus F12)

Thanks Gene, yes, I've used other NVDA keys and they seem a little iffy;

especially when the computer first boots.  Like: the time and date key

tells me the system volume; the screen review and object review doesn't

work.  By the time I get to the read line and quit keys, most things are

working.  Except for the time; and that's a favorite.  I guess I should

try more keys.  So I did a reset and now the computer does not come up

talking.  So I have to try to remember how to get NVDA loaded from a

portable copy on a USB stick.  Well, I haven't given up yet.  Good thing

I have two working computers.

 Howard

On 5/10/2022 7:18 AM, Gene wrote:

> Have you checked to see if other NVDA key commands work properly? How

> about NVDA key n or NVDA key q?

> Gene

> On 5/10/2022 5:41 AM, Howard Traxler wrote:

>> Thank you Sarah, but this machine is a desktop.  Sorry I failed to

>> mention that.  As such, there is no FN key.

>> Howard

>> On 5/9/2022 10:49 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

>>> I don't know what kind of system you have, but check to see your fn

>>> keys are deactivated.  Consult your favorite search engine as there

>>> are a million ways to do things on every different laptop.

>>> Good luck.

>>> Traxler

>>> Sent: Monday, May 9, 2022 7:29 PM

>>> To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

>>> Subject: [nvda] time and date key (NVDA plus F12)

>>> For some reason, my time and date key isn't working.

>>> I'm using windows 10 and NVDA 21.3.3.  When I first boot up, the

>>> command

>>> F12 tells me the system volume.  After it's been up awhile, it stays

>>> silent.  I did the NVDA fix thing but that didn't help. At first, it

>>> doesn't want to change review modes; but that comes back after a

>>> bit. This is all after a system restore, if that matters

>>> Any ideas anyone?  Thanks.

>>> Howard