Re: Reading mode in NVDA?

Quentin Christensen

Hi Penny,

As Sim noted, NVDA+down arrow is the default reading command in NVDA.  If you have set NVDA up in laptop keyboard layout, then it is NVDA+a.

We have a guide on switching from Window-Eyes to NVDA here: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda-community/wiki/Switching-from-Window-Eyes-to-NVDA

It is not quite as detailed as the guide to switching from Jaws here: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda-community/wiki/SwitchingFromJawsToNVDA so you might want to have a look at that as well, particularly the getting started section.

And if you do come up with any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Thu, May 12, 2022 at 2:15 PM Sim Kah Yong <simkahyong@...> wrote:
Hi there, welcome to NVDA.

Control+shift+R in Window-eyes is NVDA key + down arrow.

The NVDA key can be the caplock key or the insert.

Cheers!

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager