Questions About Vocalizer for NVDA

Bhavya shah

Dear all,

I am looking at procuring Vocalizer (and perhaps Eloquence too) for
NVDA, and see that there are a few providers (CodeFactory,
Tiflotecnia, and perhaps others). Having briefly experimented with the
trial version of one, I have the following questions as I determine
whom to purchase from:
* Which, if any, support automatic language switching? Using the
CodeFactory bundle 1.1 with NVDA 2021.3.5, neither Eloquence nor
Vocalizer seemed to be able to auto-switch despite that option being
enabled in Voice Settings.
* Which tends to be updated for compatibility with new NVDA releases
most promptly?
* What are other differences that should be accounted for in one's decision?

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions and experiences on this.

Kind Regards,
Bhavya Shah
B.S. in Mathematical and Computational Science | Stanford '24