Re: windows 7 and NVDA, what is the last version I can run.

Penny Golden <pengold2@...>

Thank you to you all.  I will be using the punctuation toggle when I'm needing it

And upgrading the program when I can.
As to the new computer, I'd like to purchase a new one with win 11 in it.
That's what we keep working for, right?  to be able to afford our toys.
This next is way off-topic, but it's short and sweet.  I suppose some of you have non-24; i do; off to take an afternoon nap.
We finish our 31st year of teaching on May 27. I can hardly keep the eyes open.
Best, pen. thanks for all the good info.
The moke's on me this time. I was going to try to turn on punctuation, but I'm back in win-eyes so I could do that informal proof reading.  so first it said jaws key; the undefined key; then It wouldn't let me out.
I'd better get that nap. sorry for the book-length message. just delete it. but not without noting the thanks to you all for your kindnesses.
Penny

On 5/12/2022 1:52 PM, Carlos Medrano wrote:

Hi Penny,

It's been a while since I've used a machine running Windows 7, but I've never heard of there being a version cutoff for that OS. I could be wrong though. According to the download page, they have a cutoff version for Windows XP and Vista.

For changing the punctuation level, NVDA+P should toggle between all 4 levels of verbosity.

Hope this helps.

- Carlos

On 5/12/2022 11:30 AM, Penny Golden wrote:

Hi.  I'm using windows 7; yes, eventually i'll go to a win 11 computer.

but not for a bit.  How can I know what is the last version of NVDA that windows-7 will work with?

Can I ask a second question?  Is there a toggle to turn on and off the speaking of punctuation symbols?  the hearing of punctuation makes it easy for me to do a lot of proof-reading on the PC, rather than moving it over to the braille device.

It is informal proofing.  for the really tough stuff, I use the braille under the hands.

Best, penny