Re: NVDA and reporting of spelling error

Rui Fontes

If you read the user guide, is stated that the announcement of errors is only when we move with the cursor, meaning letter by letter, word by word or line by line...

To read that, go to the configurations panel and in the document format press f1.

Rui Fontes

Às 02:22 de 13/05/2022, Gene escreveu:

I just tested this.  I wrote two paragraphs in word and moved from one to the other using the read paragraph command.  No word that is misspelled is identified during read by paragraph.

I haven't tested with other screen-readers so it can't be assumed that this is an NVDA bug.

Gene

On 5/12/2022 8:09 PM, Gene wrote:
I've never tried reading by paragraph while in a program where spelling errors are flagged.

Gene
On 5/12/2022 8:05 PM, William wrote:

Hi Gene,

But do you confirm that nvda not reading the spelling errors by pressing ctrl and up or down arrows is an intended feature of nvda?

Gene 於 13/5/2022 08:25 寫道:
I don't know if anyone is reading this thread who doesn't know what is being discussed.  I'll briefly explain it.

In Word, NVDA space places you in browse mode.  W moves you to the next misspelled word.  You can hear the word in context by reading the current line.

When you are finished in browse mode, NVDA space turns browse mode off and you can work directly with the document, such as edit it, just as before.

Gene.

On 5/12/2022 7:10 PM, William wrote:

> Did you know you can navigate between misspelled words by pressing NVDA plus Space, then W? When you find a misspelled word, press your applications key or Shift plus F10 to open the context menu, in order to correct the word. If you want to correct the word manually, you'll need to press NVDA plus Space again. I hope this is helpful.

Correct, but in reality, I cannot do any correction without first reading the whole sentence, cause sometimes the spelling errors suggested by word is not correct.

Abbie Taylor 於 13/5/2022 06:47 寫道:
I'm noticing the same thing. So, I'm assuming it's normal.