Re: NVDA and reporting of spelling error

Janet Brandly

Thanks for this. I use Word all the time and had no idea. Sounds like it would be faster than using Word’s spellcheck.

Janet

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: May 12, 2022 6:25 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and reporting of spelling error

I don't know if anyone is reading this thread who doesn't know what is being discussed.  I'll briefly explain it.

In Word, NVDA space places you in browse mode.  W moves you to the next misspelled word.  You can hear the word in context by reading the current line.

When you are finished in browse mode, NVDA space turns browse mode off and you can work directly with the document, such as edit it, just as before.

Gene.

On 5/12/2022 7:10 PM, William wrote:

> Did you know you can navigate between misspelled words by pressing NVDA plus Space, then W? When you find a misspelled word, press your applications key or Shift plus F10 to open the context menu, in order to correct the word. If you want to correct the word manually, you'll need to press NVDA plus Space again. I hope this is helpful.

Correct, but in reality, I cannot do any correction without first reading the whole sentence, cause sometimes the spelling errors suggested by word is not correct.

Abbie Taylor 13/5/2022 06:47 寫道:

I'm noticing the same thing. So, I'm assuming it's normal.