Re: Forgive this q. about end-block-quote and paragraph Editable

Carlos Medrano

If I recall, that dialogue also has the check box for table column and row header information. On some older websites that use tables for formatting instead of CSS, turning that off may also be useful. I know it's off topic, but it took me a while to find how to turn it off.

- Carlos

On 5/14/2022 3:43 AM, Penny Golden wrote:

Thanks so much.  I don't care what default is, if only I can change it.

Thanks so much for the info.

Pen

On 5/14/2022 5:36 AM, Gene wrote:
NVDA announces block quotes by default, a setting I have objected to in the past.

You can eliminate this announcement in the following way:
Open the document formatting dialog using the command control NVDA d.  That is, hold control and the NVDA key and type d while doing so.
Tab through the items and you will eventually get to block quotes.  It is a check box.  Uncheck it with the space bar, then press enter.

You won't hear block quotes identified in places like e-mails or web pages.

Gene

On 5/14/2022 5:29 AM, Penny Golden wrote:

Can I write emails without having these words come up?  I know it must be possible; and I know that I should be able to figure out what it is that I need to turn off.

Is there a way to get this extraneous wording out of the reading and writing process?

Sorry if this should be obvious.

Thanks.