Re: Question Regarding Browse setting

Luke Davis

Carlos Medrano wrote:

Wow; I didn't know shift+f1 was possible in the NVDA settings dialogue.
It's supposed to be just F1, though Shift+F1 works also because Windows (or maybe WX) sees them as the same thing. Shift+F1 is no longer F13, as it used to be back in the old days.

Is that a Windows-wide thing? For most applications, I know f1 is the key that launches help for the focused application.
Which is why NVDA supports it. It is in the changelog for 2020.4, but somehow never made it into the user manual. I have opened an issue for that.

Luke
"I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. I only know what I can do." -James T. Kirk