Re: Issue With Lane Bryant Website and 'Press and hold" sign in button

Gene

I just checked on my Windows 10 machine using Firefox and NVDA.

I didn't work with the sign up form, but I did enter information in the sign in form, a fictitious e-mail address and password.  The button was read as a typical button.  When I pressed the space bar on it. I received a message that I couldn't be logged in with the information I provided.  The button worked properly.

Gene

On 5/15/2022 1:40 AM, Gene wrote:

What browser are you using and have you tried more than one screen=-reader:

I haven't looked on my Windows 10  machine and I may see something different when I do, but the button is just a button as far as what NVDA says using Firefox and Windows 7.

I haven't registered nor tried to sign in.  But I looked at how the button is read, both the sign in button and the create an account submit button.

Gene

On 5/14/2022 11:11 PM, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi Group,

Normally, with these commercial websites, I am pretty efficient with finding ways around various obstacles presented to screen reader users with respect to graphics, and other items presented by such sites. However, one stumps me completely. the Lane Bryant website: https://lanebryant.com has a sign in button that identifies itself as 'press and hold.' When you try activating it with a screen reader, you get an authentication failure. I have cookies and JAVA script enabled, so I know that isn't the problem.

I have tried pressing and holding the space bar, switching to edit mode and doing the same, pressing enter, routing mouse to application position and clicking, and so on and nothing works.

Is there a technique for these web buttons that you can use with NVDA to activate such 'press and hold' items?

Thanks for any help.