Re: getting the time and date

Tyler Spivey

NVDA can always get the time. This sounds like a problem with your keyboard.
Let's rule that out first.
Please do the following:
1. Press NVDA+1 to turn on input help.
2. Press f1 through f12. What do you get?
3. Press NVDA+f12. What do you get?
4. Turn input help back off with NVDA+1.

On 5/15/2022 10:47 AM, Howard Traxler wrote:
I just did a windows reset on my windows 10 computer thinking it would solve all my problems.  Well, it only made things worse.  It blew away everything I had installed.  My particular concern is NVDA.  So, I reinstalled NVDAS, (this time, 2.1.3.3).  I'm still not able to read the time with NVDA plus F12.  Now, it just seems to be silent.  Maybe the computer is just not displaying the date and time info in a place where NVDA can grab it?  Any suggestions?  I really like this function; it's more accurate than my clock which is also on the desk along side the computer.
Thanks.
Howard
P.S.  I have to try setting up my email again on that machine.