Re: Python pring function with flush=True NVDA not reading the updated messages in Windows PowerShell

Ken Perry

I tried running your code and it has errors. Can you try your code and make sure it works before you send it? Note things like the range function in the for loop and the sec variable is what I am talking bout.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of William
Sent: Saturday, May 14, 2022 5:04 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Python pring function with flush=True NVDA not reading the updated messages in Windows PowerShell

Hello,

This question is partly related to NVDA and partly related to Windows PowerShell.

Supposed I have the following python script and stored in a python file
'test.py', which print out a new string of text after every second.

import time

for i in np.arange(10):

print('Sleeping', f"{str(round((i-1)/secs*100,
0)).removesuffix('.0')}%", end="\r", flush=True)

time.sleep(1)

1. I open Windows PowerShell

2. type python test.py

3. the script starts running

I am expecting that NVDA can automatically speak out the new string of
text, but in my test, after the first 'Spleeping...' was spoken, NVDA
did not speak the updated messages.

What can I do to make NVDA speak the updated messages? Thanks.

William