Re: Add-on update notice: fixed Add-on Updater offering incompatible add-ons

Janet Brandly

We appreciate all the work you do. You definitely deserve a long disconnected vacation.

Janet

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: May 16, 2022 8:45 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Add-on update notice: fixed Add-on Updater offering incompatible add-ons

Hi all,

Recently a number of add-ons were updated that require NVDA 2022.1, and these were approved for distribution on community add-ons website around 7:52 PM Pacific (UTC-7) on May 15, 2022. Around 1:11 AM on May 16th, I received a report from the add-ons list about compatibility messages with NVDA 2021.3.5 (the latest stable version as of time of this writing) and confirm that Add-on Updater was offering incompatible add-on updates to users. I have stopped Add-on Updater from offering add-on updates requiring NVDA 2022.1 around 1:36 AM Pacific.

While the update issue is resolved, I decided to inform you of what happened as Add-on Updater is my responsibility, and the described issue was part of a chain of events that led to folks experiencing confusion for a while. My sincerest apologies for this mishap.

P.S. A bigger factor: mental exhaustion due to me being a workaholic when it comes to everything NVDA. The events that led to the mishap described cannot be explained fully here, but what I can say is that as soon as graduate final exam is done this week and Windows App Essentials 22.06 is released next week, I’ll be looking for a great distraction from NVDA before I crash with mental exhaustion. This can partly explain why I’m not my usual self these days.

Cheers,

Joseph