Re: accessibility of Libre Office

Richard B. McDonald

Hi!

LO is *mostly* accessible.  Presently, work is underway at both LO and NVDA to make it more so.  Make sure that you are always running the latest versions of LO and NVDA since these accessibility improvements are rolling out progressively.  Make sure that you have installed and are always running the Java Access Bridge.  There are a bunch of help files for keyboard shortcut keys for LO “Calc,” “Writer” and so on available.  Following are a couple of specific things:

1.            In all applications (Writer, Calc, etc.), under the “View” menu uncheck the option to show the “Sidebar.”  The Sidebar is an alternative way of navigating around the active document.  It is not necessary.  When pressing F6 to cycle through the menu bar, tool bars and the active document itself, the Sidebar will therefore be removed from that cycle.

2.            In Writer, it helps to go to View>User Interface and check the radio button labeled "Contextual Single."

HTH,

Richard

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dan Beaver
Sent: Monday, May 16, 2022 11:17 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] accessibility of Libre Office

How accessible is it with NVDA?  Would I need to install anything more to make it accessible?

Thanks, I am only doing this to try to help my wife figure out a problem she is having.

-- 
Dan Beaver (KA4DAN)

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.