Re: Add-on update notice: fixed Add-on Updater offering incompatible add-ons

Hi,

What is for certain is that I'm definitely devoting June to something other than writing Python (for once in quite some time). As far as NVDA code contribution goes, I submitted what might be my last pull request last week (a possible solution to let mouse and touch users navigate and interact with Windows 11 UI elements on screen). I'm half-tempted to flat out ask NV Access to take Add-on Updater and Windows App Essentials under their wings so I can (finally) cleanly depart this project (for now).

The workload I'm involved (or thought about) are:

  1. Add-on authorship and maintenance
  2. Reviewing add-ons from the community
  3. Look for Windows 10/11/Insider Preview accessibility and usability issues for screen reader users
  4. Carefully guide the community toward long-term goals, or for that matter, slowly prepare the community for post-NVDA era (yes, that's slowly coming). While I cannot go into specifics, I imagine a day when academic researchers will "unearth" NVDA source code and try to figure out what's going on (the process for preparing for such a scenario isn't trivial, requiring changing the mindset of contributors, and to some degree, add-ons community; won't go into details now but perhaps find a time to talk about it soon).

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Joseph