Re: Add-on update notice: fixed Add-on Updater offering incompatible add-ons

David Ingram

Hi, Joseph, how are you?  Is there a most recent version of the ad-on updater for nvda, if there is, can you please tell me where i can get it?  I ask this question because i recently updated to windows 10 version 21h2 but i still  got an old update for an ad-on.  I also have the most recent version of nvda.  I hope that does help things.  I’d like to know if doing a remote session may solve the problem!  Thank you for any suggestions that you might have  concerning this problem.  Thank you.

On May 16, 2022, at 3:26 PM, Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@...> wrote:

You know you really need to get someone else to manage the load if its that much.

I'm happy to get updates but they are not much good if the latest version is not out yet.

On 17/05/2022 2:44 am, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi all,

Recently a number of add-ons were updated that require NVDA 2022.1, and these were approved for distribution on community add-ons website around 7:52 PM Pacific (UTC-7) on May 15, 2022. Around 1:11 AM on May 16th, I received a report from the add-ons list about compatibility messages with NVDA 2021.3.5 (the latest stable version as of time of this writing) and confirm that Add-on Updater was offering incompatible add-on updates to users. I have stopped Add-on Updater from offering add-on updates requiring NVDA 2022.1 around 1:36 AM Pacific.

While the update issue is resolved, I decided to inform you of what happened as Add-on Updater is my responsibility, and the described issue was part of a chain of events that led to folks experiencing confusion for a while. My sincerest apologies for this mishap.

P.S. A bigger factor: mental exhaustion due to me being a workaholic when it comes to everything NVDA. The events that led to the mishap described cannot be explained fully here, but what I can say is that as soon as graduate final exam is done this week and Windows App Essentials 22.06 is released next week, I’ll be looking for a great distraction from NVDA before I crash with mental exhaustion. This can partly explain why I’m not my usual self these days.

Cheers,

Joseph