locked Re: Trouble with Groups.io

Gene

There are all sorts of list serves that you can subscribe by e-mail to a group on and have no account.  I didn't say you don't have an account.  But you need to either set up a password or use the links you are trying to use to access it.

It may be that Brian is correct and that technical support should be contacted.

Gene
On 5/17/2022 12:28 PM, Dave Grossoehme wrote:

If that is so, why was I receiving messages Saturday morning and up until 2 o'clock Saturday afternoon.  Then we made some changes in the family hosting server.  Then I did not receive messatges.  You don't have to use a password, or you couldn't just use your email to subscribe to one of these email lists that are in groups.io.

Dave

On 5/17/2022 1:23 PM, Gene wrote:
The account is not fully created because no password has been created.

Gene

On 5/17/2022 12:19 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Tue, May 17, 2022 at 01:10 PM, Gene wrote:
I don't know if Dave can create an account
To be clear, if you have subscribed successfully using a given email address to any groups.io group an account is already established with that email address being the login ID for the account.

     ~ Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed