locked Re: Trouble with Groups.io

Sarah k Alawami

Interesting, I’ve never set a password for groups.io. I just have them email me a link, I click it, and it logs me in, or, I log in via google and it does the rest. Iv’e been using them since 2016 and for me this is how it has always been, and  hopefully will stay.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2022 10:15 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Trouble with Groups.io

Sarah,

That is incorrect with regard to groups.io unless something has changed radically.  You are required to establish a password for website access on activation of the link sent.

Now, you can remain logged in under any given browser for a long time after having logged in.  I use the web interface almost exclusively and can't remember the last time I actually had to log in.  My session cookie lasts for months, that's for certain if I don't intentionally log out.

     ~ Ursula LeGuin, The Dispossessed