Re: for the third time, filling out a PDF

Sarah k Alawami

Can you fill out the form in word? It probably was done correctly but not for your screen reader. Good luck.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob Cavanaugh
Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2022 9:18 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] for the third time, filling out a PDF

Hi all,
This will be the last time I ask this. I find it hard to believe nobody on here knows the answer to what seems like a fairly easy problem to fix, but I've asked this twice since Thursday, and have gotten nowhere, when every other question on this list including my other one has had an answer within a couple of hours. Yes I could ask for sighted help and probably will if I don't get an answer, but this form was done correctly, unlike lots of PDFs I've seen, so I should be able to fill it out without sighted help.
I'm using the latest version of NVDA and Adobe Reader. NVDA will see that edit fields in the PDF exist, but I'm having the following
issues:
1. I cannot tab through them like I would a form on a webpage.
2. Pressing enter when focused on an edit field does not activate focus mode as it would on a webpage.
3. Manually activating focus mode with control+space works, but does not appear to actually fill in the forms as would be expected. How does this work?
Bob