Re: NVDA doesn’t honor verbosities settings when selecting text

Cyrille

Hi Luke

With symbol level on '"some", I do not hear the beeps, but do not hear "tab" to be reported.
I can totally reproduce the issue with "tab" reported only if I set the symbol level on "all".

You may check NVDA's GitHub if a similar issue has already been reported; and if not, you should describe it in a new issue.

@Quentin:
The option considered here is "Line indentation reporting", not "◦ Paragraph indentation (e.g. hanging indent, first line indent)".

Cheers,

Cyrille

On Tue, May 17, 2022 at 09:36 AM, Luke Robinett wrote:
I find that when I hold down shift and use the cursor keys to select text, NVDA doesn’t use the same verbosity settings as when I am just navigating around. For example, I’ve got a snippet of code in front of me now. I have NVDA set only to beep for indents, not announce them. This works as expected when I move about using the arrow keys, but when I hold down shift and use the up and down arrow keys to select text one line at a time, NVDA announces the tab characters. For heavily indented lines of code, it gets tedious to listen to this when I just want to hear the actual content of that line When I’m selecting text. Is there any way to control this?