Re: for the third time, filling out a PDF

Gene

It works with other browsers.  At present, Internet Explorer needs to be running for System Access to run, but if it is running, you can have both Internet Explorer opened to keep System Access to Go running and open the browser you want to use with it.

I checked two or three months ago but I didn't find any information about whether they will continue System Access to Go after Internet Explorer is retired and what browser it will have to see is opened for it to run.

I didn't say System Access To Go would work with your specific file.  It should work with a file if System Access works with it.

Gene

On 5/18/2022 1:46 PM, Bob Cavanaugh wrote:
You are absolutely right, System Access should work with Adobe reader
to fill out this form, but as I said, I don't know how much longer
I'll have access to System Access, as from what I've heard, they
haven't made any updates to make that screen reader work with Edge or
any browser other than IE, which is being discontinued pretty soon.

On 5/18/22, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
What did you use System Access with before to work with the other PDF
form?  If you used Adobe, then System Access should work with it as
well.  We don't know if the current document will be properly accessible
using System Access but you may want to try.

Gene
On 5/18/2022 1:18 PM, Bob Cavanaugh wrote:
Sarah,
To answer your question, I just tried opening said file in Firefox,
and it doesn't see the edit fields. My machine doesn't give me the
option by default to open the file in Word, just Adobe Reader and the
two browsers, Edge and Firefox. I actually thought I could get by with
only using Firefox to read PDF files, but when I thought I needed to
fill out the form I'm currently using as a test case a couple months
ago, that's when I downloaded Adobe Reader.
Gene, to answer your question about System Access, I could try that to
use this PDF, but I've never installed it, and I'm not sure SA To Go
works with Edge. Microsoft has announced that Internet Explorer will
not work on Windows 10 within the next month I believe, so that may
work to fill out the PDF in question, but that's not going to be a
long term solution.

On 5/18/22, Faithville via groups.io <faithville@...>
wrote:
Use adobeacrobat reader dc to fill out pdf forms.

On 5/18/2022 2:46 AM, Gabriele Battaglia via groups.io wrote:
Reply to Bob Cavanaugh's message, wrote on 18/05/2022 at 06:17:

Hi. To me it's not possible. At least I've never find a consistant way
to do it.

Gabe.